If you are looking for a Brisbane marketing agency that knows Squarespace web design, Wyatt Media can help.
Our agency has designed new websites built on Squarespace since 2017.
While a more complex business may necessitate a WordPress CMS (we also design WordPress sites) or a Shopify site, we’ve found that with a little creativity and effort, it’s possible to turn Squarespace’s beautiful templates into a unique, engaging and modern web experience.
In the past, Squarespace was mainly used to promote artists and as a fast and easy way to deliver a corporate ‘brochure’ websites. But with continued development and innovation, the Squarespace team have turned the web-based CMS into a really viable option for start-up, growing and established businesses.
Featuring integrations with leading mailing list software, booking systems and CRMs, a ‘safe’ CMS that needs no updating and a blog/news interface that hardly requires ANY training, Squarespace is a logical fit for 90% of our web projects.
The Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) support is a huge improvement over past versions, and has been a strong performer for more than 2 years. We have helped a number of Brisbane businesses increase their search engine rankings after rewriting their content and redesigning their website on Squarespace, and have no concerns recommending it from an SEO perspective.
Our process for designing websites
- The Kickoff Questionnaire – We ask you a number of questions online about what are you trying to achieve by redesigning your website.
- Custom Web Design Proposal – We present our ideas on what can be achieved by when and for how much. This will include SEO, Hosting and Copywriting options as well if requested. This is normally conducted over a Skype call or phone call.
- Commitment – You sign off on the proposal and pay a non-refundable 50% upfront deposit.
- Content Review and Sitemap – We go to work doing a deep review of your existing web content and come up with a strategy for arranging pages and concepts in a way that’s logical for visitors and also aids in turning them into a potential customer.
- Copywriting – If we’re writing your content, we’ll get started turning ideas into words at this point (this is known as copywriting). If you have existing content, we’ll review it and make sure it’s aligned with your objectives and the structure of the site. If you’re writing the copy, this becomes an important stage in the process as delayed content can impact on the timely delivery of a working website.
- Wireframes – This is when we take the outputs of the Sitemap and Copywriting steps and define a layout for the major page types. It helps to do this step with the major copy already drafted, so designs can be reviewed before we start building pages.
- Development – Once you’ve told us what you think of the designs, we’ll start building the pages for the website, populating them with your writing, graphics, videos and photos. You’ll be able to see it all while the site is being built with a special private login.
- Final Review and Acceptance – You conduct a final click-through review, provide feedback and once you’re happy, pay the balance of the invoice (the remaining 50%). You’ll pay for the ongoing hosting costs at this point (we normally recommend the ‘Business’ version because it lets you track site activities a lot better and integrates more deeply with other systems.
- Go Live – We publish the site and you can celebrate (now is a good time to let your mailing list know about the changes you’ve made and encourage them to check out the new website). If it’s a migration, we’ll do a few more technical steps to make sure your visitors arrive at the right website.
Once your Squarespace site goes live, you’ll get 2 weeks of complimentary support for minor adjustments (ie. word changes, photo replacements, redirections of old pages etc.). Major changes, such as changing how pages are laid out will likely attract an extra fee because it requires a reconsideration of how the whole site is built.
How long it takes for Wyatt Media to design and deliver your Squarespace website
If things are moving smoothly and you’re generally available to answer emails and questions throughout the process, we can get through a small site (5 or so pages, plus blog and contact page) in 2 to 3 weeks. A larger website will more realistically be delivered in 4 to 8 weeks.
The biggest contributors to delayed website delivery are normally the same 3 things:
- Disagreement/uncertainty over design
- Disagreement/uncertainty over functionality
- Copy and media files delivered late by the client
If we keep the 3 risks in check through regular project updates and clear reviews (at least once a week over a phone call or on Skype), it’s possible to deliver a functional website much faster than what you’ve probably experienced in the past. This is the great thing about using Squarespace – it lets you get from idea to finished product quickly.
Projects completed using Squarespace
- Kingaroy Holiday Park – a caravan park in Kingaroy
- Independent Arboricultural Services – a Brisbane and Gold Coast based arborist (See portfolio)
- Restore Function Physiotherapy – a Brisbane physiotherapist based in Greenslopes (See portfolio)
- Greenmount Advisory – an Australian M&A and Tax Advisory firm based in Sydney (See portfolio)
- Spinifex Energy – a Queensland solar power system designer and installer based in Brisbane